The objective of this market research study was to gather insights into consumer behavior and preferences in the confectionery market. Specifically, the study aimed to:
- Identify the most popular types of confectionery among consumers
- Determine the factors that influence consumer purchasing decisions for confectionary
- Understand the role of packaging and branding in the confectionery market
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and differentiation within the confectionery market
We surveyed 1000 consumers, using telephone interviews in the UAE, who had purchased confectionaries within the past month. The survey included questions about the types of confectionery purchased, the factors that influenced purchasing decisions, and perceptions of packaging and branding. We also conducted in-depth interviews with 20 industry experts to gather additional insights into the confectionery market.
- Chocolate was the most popular type of confectionary among consumers, followed by candy and gum.
- Price was the most critical factor influencing purchasing decisions, followed by taste and convenience.
- Packaging and branding significantly attracted consumers to certain confectionary products, with colorful and eye-catching packaging particularly appealing.
- There was a significant opportunity for product innovation in the confectionary market, particularly in healthier options and unique flavors.
Overall, this market research provided valuable insights into consumer behavior and preferences in the confectionery market. It highlighted the importance of price, taste, and convenience in purchasing decisions and the role of packaging and branding in attracting consumers. The study also identified opportunities for product innovation and differentiation within the market.